Award-winning Nigerian singer and songwriter Burna Boy has finally dethroned Tanzania’s Diamond Platnumz to become to most streamed artiste on YouTube in Sub-Sarahan Africa.
For the longest, Chibu Dangote has been leading the pack as far as YouTube views are concerned but not anymore.
Currently is the King of YouTube with over 2, 252,124,206 views (and counting) as compared to Diamond’s 2,246,395,673 views (and counting). Burna joined the streaming platform on January 13, 2018, while Platnumz joined YouTube on June 12, 20112.
However, Platnumz still holds the record for the artiste with the most subscribers in Sub-Saharan Africa. He has over 7.98 million subscribers while Burna Boy has over 4.13 million subscribers.
On the list, Nigerian Star Wizkid is third with at least 1.76 billion views.
The King of Lingala and Rhumba Fally Ipupa is number 4 on the list with 1.50 billion views while Davido comes at number 5 with 1.40 Billion views.
Here is the full list of the most streamed artists in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Burba Boy (Nigeria) – 2.25 Billion views
- Diamond Platnumz (Tanzania) – 2.24 Billion views
- Wizkid (Nigeria) – 1.76 Billion views
- Fally Ipupa (DRC Congo) – 1.50 Billion views
- Davido (Nigeria) – 1.40 Billion views
- Flavour Nabania (Nigeria) – 1.15 Billion views
- Ckay – (Nigeria) – 1.23 Billion views
- PSquare (Nigeria) – 1.12 Billion views
- Tekno (Nigeria) – 995 Million Views
- Rayvanny – (Tanzania) – 972 Million views